Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve individual lives through our efforts within our clinic walls as well as our efforts in the community. Athletic trainers play a key role in outreach to the community by being ever present for our athletes. Additionally, athletic trainers assist in supporting our vision through their presence in our clinics and on the sidelines of sporting events.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy and sports medicine, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We believe that as front line practitioners, we can partner with others within the medical community, including athletic trainers, to ensure rapid access to appropriate medical resources.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking athletic trainers to join our growing team. Athletic trainers in the clinical setting assist the entire rehabilitation team by playing a key role in maintaining clinic flow, ensuring the highest level of customer service to our patients, and by assisting others on the team with patient care. On the sidelines, athletic trainers keep athletes healthy and safe and play an important role as a member of the sports medicine team. Regular communication with coaches, parents, athletes, team physicians and physical therapists is critical to success. The ideal candidate is a team player who is willing to fill a role clinically as well as within the community (high school, club sports, or college). Currently, the athletic trainers reports to the clinic partner to which they are assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clinical: Maintain and ensure clinic flow
- Clinical: Ensure the highest level of customer experience by functioning as a member of the rehabilitation team
- Clinical: Facilitate and assist with patient care under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Outreach: Daily presence on-site as a member of the sports medicine team assigned to that organization. Regular injury tracking and referrals to the appropriate point of contact on the sports medicine team. Daily and regular interactions with athletes, coaches, parents and other medical personnel. In person coverage of sporting events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in athletic training required
- NATA OBC certification
- Possess or be in process of applying for state licensure
- CPR certification
- Some athletic training experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, work as a team and perform at a high level professionally.
- Ability to move continuously throughout the day, including standing, walking, stooping, bending, squatting and lifting objects over 50 lbs. infrequently.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six paid holidays
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona