Accounts Receivable Representative
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients at every touch point during their time with us. We do this through exceptional customer service and a focus on excellence from initial contact through claim closure.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. #WeAreFoothills represents each and every employee and their contributions (big or small) to our collective success. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, dedicated and innovative individuals to join us.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking accounts receivable representatives to join our growing team. The Foothills billing department and accounts receivable team play an important role in supporting the overall business functions of Foothills. By keeping our billing and AR teams “in-house”, we are able to ensure the same customer service expectations upheld by all others within the organization. The billing and AR teams play a critical role in claim closure and ensuring that patient benefits are applied correctly by the insurance companies. We are seeking exceptional individuals who are excited about being a part of a growing team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work accounts receivable reports, electronic and paper denials from insurance companies
- Regular contact with insurance companies to reconcile payment discrepancies, unpaid claims and application of benefits
- Advocate for our patients on their behalf to ensure proper application of insurance benefits by auditing accounts, filing appeals, processing over payments, submitting adjustment requests
- Be a resource for the clinical staff and front office staff with regards to insurance questions and application of benefits for patients
- Ensure proper insurance payments per contracted rates
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma required. Some college preferred
- Minimum of 2 years medical billing experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT coding and insurance guidelines
- Demonstrated history of exceptional customer service
- Self motivated and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work towards goals
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Proficiency in EMR systems, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six paid holidays
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona