Accounts Receivable Representative
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients at every touch point during their time with us. We do this through exceptional customer service and a focus on excellence from initial contact through claim closure.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. #WeAreFoothills represents each and every employee and their contributions (big or small) to our collective success. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, dedicated and innovative individuals to join us.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking accounts receivable representatives to join our growing team. The accounts receivable representative will be responsible to collect account receivables, investigate credit issues, prepare and maintain reports and customer files, recommend accounts slated for collection agencies or to be placed on hold, and prepare accounts receivable adjustments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate accounts receivable reports to review status and take any appropriate action
- Responsible for contacting insurance companies to dispute payment discrepancies or investigate unpaid claims within the standard billing time frame
- Follow up and resolve electronic and paper denials from insurance companies
- Ensure timely filing of all appeals
- Audit accounts for insurance over payments and process applicable refunds
- Verify and submit account adjustment requests
- Take incoming insurance calls to resolve issues
- Act as a resource for clinics and patients on insurance questions
- Ensure proper insurance payments according to plan contracted rates
- Maintain a productivity form submitted to the Director weekly (minimum of $80,000 in worked accounts)
- Accountable to quality metrics as determined by the Billing leadership team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Knowledge of CPT codes and insurance guidelines
- Ability to act with integrity in regard to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and attention to detail
- Capacity to work under pressure
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 2 years medical billing experience required
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona