Front Office Manager
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, compassion and hands-on, personalized care. In doing so, Foothills staff work together with our vision in mind—to be the preeminent provider of physical therapy and wellness services that advance the health and well-being of our patients, our team members and our communities.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. Success comes through teamwork and a coordinated effort by everyone on the team, including the front office staff at each location and we are not successful without a dedicated team of individuals that serve the needs of our customers. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, caring and goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking front office managers to join our growing team. The front office manager serves as a supportive resource by managing the front office operations in the clinic. In addition, handle HR tasks for ALL employees assigned in respective clinic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the facility
- Schedule, receive and direct patients and visitors to the appropriate areas of the facility or employees regardless of race, creed, age, gender or disability without bias or prejudice
- Practice ethical responsibility based on cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients serviced and applicable laws
- Maintains responsibility for general office support functions to ensure efficient utilization of time, in part by scheduling meeting, patients and appointments, maintaining calendars, coordinating with other services, education programs and patient record keeping
- Maintain clinical files on each patient. Responsible for patient scheduling and information gathering. Provide computer assistance; responsible for all data entry. Maintain and report requested statistics or financial reports to Clinic Director
- Perform and maintain communication as delegated by professional staff related to patient management or clinic operations
- Assist the Clinic Director in maintaining open and consistent communication with staff and other outside contacts affiliated with Foothills Sport Medicine Physical Therapy
- Screen and refer in-coming phone calls and department visitors to ensure that accurate and timely departmental communication is facilitated and that the department is presented in a positive manner
- Coordinate department correspondence to clinic on-going communications and efficient department operations
- Maintain appropriate departmental records and departmental filing and archive system to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information so that the department staff can accomplish their responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate levels of office supplies and other materials to allow staff to complete assigned responsibilities and provide for patient needs by submitting approved purchase requisitions
- Direct work flow to Front Office staff allowing them to successfully execute their responsibilities
- Communicates with the persons most closely associated with the active management of the patient and to keep them informed of any additional patient needs and or treatment modification relating to appropriate billing/collections issues
- Provides accurate daily, weekly, monthly and annual statistical data pertaining to the clinic and staff productivity as requested by Clinic Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience working in a physical therapy office/clinic
- 1-2 years supervisor experience required
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona