Personal Trainer Internship Program
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, compassion and an outward mindset towards others. We also believe in supporting, educating and developing individuals looking to join our growing profession. Our Personal Trainer Internship Program provides the opportunity for real-life work experience for those advancing their education.
At Foothills, “good” is never enough, we’re all about becoming great! FAST® (Foothills Acceleration and Sports Training) was born of this innovative spirit and desire to continually push the envelope to help others achieve their absolute best. We developed this program to help patients and clients reach their fitness and performance goals whether as new FAST clients looking for personalized fitness or as physical therapy clients looking for options to continue their path towards wellness after formal physical therapy has ended. Either way, FAST has exploded onto the scene and is changing the health, wellness, and sports performance landscape in the Phoenix region.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy and FAST employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles or help clients push their fitness goals to the next level, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description of the Internship Experience:
Interns will develop their confidence, skills and further their knowledge by being immersed into a fast-paced environment where there is the opportunity to work side by side with personal trainers, physical therapists, and physical therapy assistants to positively impact the lives of others. Beginning with primarily observation, the clinical internship experience will allow for additional hands-on learning opportunities in a safe and structured environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observe and learn from some of the thought-leaders in the personal training marketplace.
- Develop confidence in speaking with clients and co-workers.
- Learn the competencies required to be a member of the health and wellness profession.
- Develop the interpersonal and professional skills to be a member of the health and wellness profession.
- Have hands-on opportunity to learn from others in a fun environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current student pursuing a degree in the applied human sciences
- CPR certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for learning
- Ability to move continuously throughout the day, including standing, walking, stooping, bending, squatting and lifting objects over 50 lbs. infrequently.
- A fantastic internship experience with countless opportunities to learn and to become a successful, contributing member of the health and wellness profession.
To learn more regarding internship opportunities at Foothills, please contact email@example.com. For Health and Wellness students currently enrolled at Arizona State University, please contact Jeff Bloom at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding internship opportunities.
FAST is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.