Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, compassion and an outward mindset towards others. In doing so, we get closer each day to realizing our vision – becoming the preeminent provider of physical therapy and wellness services.
At Foothills, “good” is never enough, we’re all about becoming great! FAST® (Foothills Acceleration and Sports Training) was born of this innovative spirit and desire to continually push the envelope to help others achieve their absolute best. We developed this program to help patients and clients reach their fitness and performance goals whether as new FAST clients looking for personalized fitness or as physical therapy clients looking for options to continue their path towards wellness after formal physical therapy has ended. Either way, FAST has exploded onto the scene and is changing the health, wellness, and sports performance landscape in the Phoenix region.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy and FAST employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles or help clients push their fitness goals to the next level, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
FAST is seeking personal trainers to join our growing team. The FAST personal trainer is responsible for assisting athletes in achieving speed, agility, power, and strength training goals at the Foothills Acceleration and Sports Training (FAST).
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and expand our indoor fitness studios
- Manage personal training programs and small group classes
- Coordinate special fitness events
- Teach group fitness classes
- Train a variety of clients from general population to elite athletes
- Instruct sport performance sessions
- Explore outreach opportunities to increase business
- Work within the community to promote FAST
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Great communication skills with coaches, parents and physical therapist
- Ability to build relationships within the community and with clientele
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or related field or in process of working towards your Bachelor’s degree
- CPR certification
- Certified as a Personal Trainer or Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Valid & current AZ driver’s license
Will work primarily within a FAST facility. Travel between locations and to meetings will be necessary. Environment can be moderate to noisy at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The physical requirements include walking, sitting, standing, bending and moving continuously during the course of a day. Additionally, lifting of objects is required occasionally (weights up to 100 lbs.).
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
FAST is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona