Locations throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, an outward mindset and hands-on, personalized care. In doing so, Foothills staff work together with our vision in mind—to be the preeminent provider of physical therapy and wellness services that advance the health and well-being of our patients, clients and communities.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We are continuing to grow within and outside of Arizona and are looking for physical therapists interested in advancing their professional and personal careers. We are not successful without a dedicated team of individuals that serve the needs of our customers. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, caring and goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking physical therapists to join our growing team. The physical therapist is responsible for direct care of patients, pediatrics through geriatrics. Supervision of non-professional staff is also involved. The position reports directly to the clinic director of their facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Functions as a cooperative, active member of the health care team
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, hospital, and physician related information
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other appropriate learning experiences
- Maintains safety and infection control standards: recognizes and reports inferior patient care and or safety hazards
- Evaluates patients per physician order and administers appropriate treatments and modalities
- Communicates with referring physician
- Maintains appropriate records
- Interprets and reports results to treatments
- Functions as active director as needed
- Assigns and supervises appropriate tasks to all support staff
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs and services
- Responsible for the evaluation of all patients referred for physical therapy
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of all reports pertaining to evaluation and discharge. Ensure timely communication to all referral sources regarding their respective patients
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice policy in this manual
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the department
- To respect and understand the patient right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice and Standards
- Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy (accredited program)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice experience
- Licensed or eligible for State of AZ PT license
- Good record with the state licensure board
- CPR certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Works within an outpatient physical therapy clinic and performs these essential job functions in addition to managing their current caseload of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- CEU opportunities and reimbursement
- Relocation assistance, sign on bonus and quarterly bonus potential
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona