Physical Therapy Assistant Clinical Education Program
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients through an innovative spirit, compassionate care and an outward mindset towards the needs of others. In doing so, Foothills staff work together with our vision in mind – to be passionate, dedicated and empowering champions for our patients health. We work closely with accredited Physical Therapy Assistant programs throughout the United States to provide a comprehensive clinical education experience for the future of our profession.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. Clinical education of physical therapist assistants is critical to supporting the profession and for the professional and personal growth of physical therapy assistant students. We believe in being supportive, thoughtful and forward-thinking advocates for future members of our profession. Many of our successful therapist assistants were once students at Foothills.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Description of the Clinical Experience:
Physical therapy assistant students from across the United States have chosen Foothills as a site for completion of their clinical internship requirements. The future physical therapist assistant completing their clinical rotation at Foothills will be immersed in a busy, high-expectation clinical environment where patient care and positive clinical outcomes are paramount. Foothills is an organization owned and operated by physical therapists who believe in the future of the profession and the value that physical therapy provides within the healthcare continuum. Appropriate candidates interested in a clinical rotation should be self-starters who are passionate about helping others in a fast-paced, outpatient clinical environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct patient care through the patients’ entire course of treatment under direction of their clinical instructor and supervising therapist.
- Document and code appropriately for services rendered in a timely and accurate fashion under direct supervision of their clinical instructor and supervising therapist.
- Create and ensure an exceptional client experience.
- Maintain and ensure clinic flow through appropriate patient management and communication with others under direction of their clinical instructor and supervising therapist.
- Communicate with the referring provider regarding the progress of patients undergoing care under direction of their clinical instructor.
- Perform and participate in regular peer to peer clinical education opportunities while completing their clinical rotation.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Documented enrollment in an accredited physical therapy assistant program
- CPR certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to learn and to be challenged on a daily basis
- Ability to move continuously throughout the day, including standing, walking, stooping, bending, squatting and lifting objects over 50 lbs. infrequently.
- A fantastic clinical experience with countless opportunities to learn and to become a successful, contributing member of the physical therapy profession
To learn more about clinical rotations for physical therapy assistant students, please contact our Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) Melanie McDonald, MPT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.