Physical Therapy Assistant
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, empowerment and hands-on, personalized care. In doing so, Foothills staff work together with our vision in mind—to be passionate and dedicated champions for our patients and their health.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We are not successful without a dedicated team of individuals that serve the needs of our customers. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, caring and goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking physical therapy assistants to join our growing team. This position assists physical therapists in providing physical therapy treatments and procedures. May, in accordance with State laws, assist in the development of treatment plans, carry out routine functions, document the progress of treatment, and modify specific treatments in accordance with patient status and within the scope of treatment plans established by a physical therapist. This position reports directly to the clinic director of the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contributes to physical therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintains production objectives by noting current treatment trends; monitoring actual physical therapy services rendered to production objectives
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and JACHO standards; anticipating emerging issues
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances physical therapy and clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Knowledge in physiological health promotion and maintenance
- Skill in creating a safe environment and motivating others
- Associate’s degree in physical therapy (accredited program)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice experience
- Licensed or eligible for State of AZ PTA license
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Works within an outpatient physical therapy clinic and performs these essential job functions in addition to managing their current caseload of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- CEU opportunities and reimbursement
- Relocation assistance, sign on bonus and quarterly bonus potential
- Paid time off and six paid holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona