Physical Therapy Technician
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and clients through an innovative spirit, and hands-on, personalized care. Furthermore, we believe that we can significantly impact the future of the physical therapy profession by offering employment and educational opportunities to those looking to advance their career in physical therapy.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We prefer to grow from within and many of our current physical therapists and physical therapy assistants began their careers with us in a support role.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking physical therapy technicians to join our growing team. This position assists physical therapists (PT’s), occupational therapists (OT’s), and physical therapist assistants (PTA’s); key role in maintaining clinic flow and clinic appearance; teams with others in the clinic to improve the patient experience in therapy and serves to provide exceptional customer service to our customers and to assist customers during their course of treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Upon direction from PT/PTA, greet patients in waiting area and escort/transport patients to appropriate treatment area
- Communicate proactively with Front office team, therapists and other assistive personnel regarding schedule changes (patient cancels/add-on’s/no shows)
- Regularly and frequently speak with all patients and check-in with them, assist as needed
- Proactively identify patients who need attention, communicate with treating therapist regarding patient needs
- Multitask the needs of several patients at a time
- Reduce patient downtime by engaging them in conversation
- Maintain inventory of daily supplies and communicate with owner/director/office manager when supplies are low
- Assist therapist with Home Exercise program preparation and assist therapist/patient in reinforcing proper technique with exercises
- Effectively communicate with others on the rehabilitation team to create a positive environment for the patients and ensure minimal downtime for patients
- Perform daily/weekly clinic cleaning duties per checklist
- Maintain treatment, waiting area, kitchen and bathrooms in a clean, clutter-free and safe fashion
- Clean and sanitize treatment areas, including but not limited to, equipment, plinths and bolsters, counters following patient use
- Follow established procedures regarding the care and maintenance of equipment in the clinic
- Keep all treatment areas and rooms stocked properly and clutter free
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times per company policy
- Greet all patients on first visit and introduce yourself as a member of the team
- Learn patient names and call all patients by name, be respectful in all interactions
- Listen to patient concerns, communicate issues immediately to the treating therapist and/or your supervisor
- Identify patient needs proactively and communicate needs to treating therapist and/or supervisor
- Assist therapist/patients in filling out paperwork
- Provide assistance to the patient and therapist upon patient discharge
Facilitate and Assist with Patient Care:
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality on all patient, staff and office information in accordance with the HIPAA privacy act
- Be able to appropriately set up exercise equipment for patients safely and adjust as needed for patient safety and needs
- Assist patient in facilitation/performance of exercises under therapist direction, monitor patient reaction and communicate patient response to the professional staff
- Assist therapist in filling out patient flow sheets as required
- Assist therapist in properly positioning patients, setting up modalities and applying modalities when appropriate under the direction of the treating therapist
- Regularly monitor patient reaction to exercise or modalities and communicate with therapists any adverse reactions, patient complaints or safety concerns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in physical therapy preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
Works within an outpatient physical therapy clinic and performs these essential job functions in addition to managing their current caseload of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
Up to 25% local travel is necessary for clinic visibility.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona