Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and the communities we serve. Especially important is serving those that have been injured on the job in the state of Arizona. Because of the complexities involved and the need for rapid accessibility, streamlined communication and dedicated customer service, Foothills has a team of Workers’ Compensation specialists who assist and provide an exceptional customer experience.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We are not successful without a dedicated team of individuals that serve the needs of our customers. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, dedicated and innovative individuals to join us.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking a workers’ compensation specialist to join our growing team. The workers’ compensation specialists plays a key role in supporting the overall business functions at Foothills. This individual works from our central business office as member of a dedicated team of individuals working to streamline scheduling, communication and authorization for injured workers in the state of AZ. The workers’ compensation specialist reports directly our Director of Workers’ Compensation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exceptional ability to communicate over the phone with patients, referral sources, insurance companies
- Ability to multi-task demands related to insurance verification, obtaining authorization, patient scheduling, documentation, data entry and reports needed for the daily operations of all Foothills facilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively with others on the team and those at the clinic to ensure streamlined processes, effective clinical management and accessibility of services
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic understanding of health insurances, especially workers’ compensation
- High school diploma, college degree preferred
- Experience working in a medical field is preferred
- Experience with electronic medical records systems (EMR) is preferred
- Experience with other programs such as word, excel, and outlook is necessary
- Documented examples of exceptional customer service, specifically over the phone
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to complete job duties as required
- The physical requirements include walking, sitting, standing, bending and moving continuously during working hours. The position is subject to lifting objects over 25 pounds infrequently
- Must have sufficient ability for data entry at a minimum of 35 WPM
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six paid holidays
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona