Program for Pre Physical Therapy Students
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients by being passionate, dedicated and empathetic towards others. Furthermore, we believe in offering opportunities for personal and professional development for those potentially interested in joining the profession of physical therapy. Foothills has partnered with several educational institutions, including Arizona State University, to provide internship opportunities for their students.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Description of the Internship Experience:
Interns will develop their confidence, skills and further their knowledge by being immersed into a fast-paced clinical environment where there is the opportunity to work side by side with physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and physical therapy technicians to learn how physical therapy can positively impact the lives of others. Beginning with primarily observation, the clinical internship experience will allow for additional hands-on learning opportunities in a safe and structured environment.
Essential Internship Functions:
- Observe and learn from some of the thought-leaders in the physical therapy market.
- Develop confidence in speaking with patients and co-workers.
- Learn the clinical competencies required to be a member of the physical therapy profession.
- Develop the interpersonal and professional skills to be a member of the physical therapy profession.
- Have hands-on opportunity to learn from others in a clinical environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current undergraduate student enrolling in an internship course to complete their degree program.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for learning.
- Ability to move continuously throughout the day, including standing, walking, stooping, bending, squatting and lifting objects over 50 lbs. infrequently.