Workers’ Compensation Unit Associate
Locations Throughout Arizona
At Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy, we believe that we have a unique opportunity to impact and improve the lives of our patients and the communities we serve. Especially important is serving those that have been injured on the job in the state of Arizona. Because of the complexities involved and the need for rapid accessibility, streamlined communication and dedicated customer service, Foothills has a team of Workers’ Compensation specialists who assist and provide an exceptional customer experience.
Born in 2000 with one small location and the initiative to “do things differently” in the world of physical therapy, Foothills is now changing the landscape of outpatient physical therapy providers in the southwestern US. Staying true to our roots, we are physical therapist operated and believe in keeping the profession in the hands of physical therapists. We are not successful without a dedicated team of individuals that serve the needs of our customers. Recently awarded a “Best in Arizona” ranking for the second consecutive year as well as honorable mention winner in ADVANCE for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine’s annual “Practice of the Year”, Foothills is looking for passionate, dedicated and innovative individuals to join us.
Based in beautiful Phoenix, AZ which boasts 299 days of sunshine annually, Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy employees embody the adventurous and active spirit of the region. When not helping our patients regain their active lifestyles, our employees are often found pounding the pavement or grinding their gears on the thousands of local hiking and biking trails. If relaxation is your thing, sit back and enjoy the beautiful Arizona sunsets with family or friends or hit the links at our world-famous golf courses.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for and apply today.
Brief Job Description:
Foothills is seeking a workers’ compensation unit associate to join our growing team. This position plays a key role in supporting the overall business functions at Foothills. This individual works from our central business office as member of a dedicated team of individuals working to streamline scheduling, communication and authorization for injured workers in the state of Arizona.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a liaison between patient, provider, insurance adjuster and RN Case Manager
- Reviews case records and reports, collects and analyzes data, evaluates Rx data and medical status, defines needs and problems in order to provide proactive Rx management services
- Maintains contact and communicates with all parties to apprise them of the activity, case direction or receive authorization for services
- Utilizes experience and medical resources to interpret medical records for scheduling purposes
- Prepares reports on progress activity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Knowledge of employment laws and applications for legal compliance
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or Workers’ Compensation
- Working knowledge of Workers Compensation regulations, preferably jurisdiction-specific
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree in a related field is preferred
- At least 3 years of medical billing or worker’s compensation claims experience is preferred
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance
- 401K program with company match
- Paid time off and six observed holidays
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Submit Your Resume Today!
Locations throughout Arizona