Phoenix is known to have some of the best weather for winter golfing. That’s why we host the Waste Management tour every year. Have you asked yourself what it takes to hit the ball like the pros? Or what can you do to improve your golf game?
Being a TPI (Titleist Performance Institute-Medical Level I) certified trainer, we can help improve your game. TPI does not believe in one perfect swing, however an infinite number of swing styles.
The most important aspect of a golf swing is having a healthy and efficient body movement.
Limited rotation of the lower body, poor ankle mobility, poor trunk strength and/or limited shoulder mobility can all lead to an inefficient swing which then increase your risk for injury. Mobility and stability are not only important to improve your health and daily function, but also allow you to be efficient during your golf game.
Here are some important stats for amateur golfers out there:
- 64.3% lose their posture during their golf swing which can lead to lower back pain.
- 38.5% have a reverse spine angle which leads to back pain.
- 31.4% of players slide during their golf swing.
- 35.6% have a “chicken wing” during their golf swing.
Now, how do us amateurs compare to the pros?
- 75.8% of pros have a controlled and smooth movement of the pelvis during a tilt test compared to 28% of amateurs.
- 81.1% of pros have controlled pelvic rotation compared to 58% of amateurs.
- 82.4% of pros can perform a forward toe touch test compared to 57%.
These movement impairments can lead to everything from upper and lower back pain, shoulder pain, hip and knee pain in addition to a poor golf game.
We may never be able to play on the PGA Tour but we can dominate the weekends by utilizing proper technique.
We can help you by performing a movement screen, teach you proper body mechanics, proper muscle recruitment and develop a quality strengthening/mobility program for you to maximize efficiency and a healthy swing to improve your golf game. Make an appointment today at our Tempe clinic!
Now let’s get out there, enjoy the weather and make some birdies!
Source: Titleist Performance Institute. 4033 Avenida de la Plata, Oceanside, CA 92056