As you age, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain your physical health. We understand the challenges you may have encountered in the past and can provide solutions that work with your lifestyle. Our highly skilled staff of therapists, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning specialists will assist you with an individualized physical therapy or fitness program. Foothills physical therapist AZ programs are tailored to meet your exact needs, making it easier to stay in great shape at age 50 and beyond!
Foothills physical therapists are accommodating and friendly. We want to make sure that your experience with us exceeds your expectations. Before you dive into a new exercise regimen, it is important to be prepared. Here are five exercising tips you should always follow:
- Before you begin any sort of exercise program, it is important that you consult a physician or physical therapist. This is especially important if you have health issues or specific concerns.
- Next, determine your current fitness level. Ask your physical therapist or a personal trainer for a full evaluation. This will help you create reasonable goals for yourself and more importantly, help prevent injuries.
- Always warm up before exercising and remember to cool down after you’ve completed a work out. Remember that warming up and stretching are two different things. You must warm up before completing any workout so you can loosen up and prepare your muscles properly. Stretching allows your body to cool down after exercising and helps improve flexibility.
- Start slow and build up your endurance. Although you’re probably eager to get started, it’s best to follow the advice of your physical therapist or personal trainer and ease into a new routine. This way, you can see how your body responds and make adjustments where necessary. It will also help prevent injuries, which is a vital component to a successful long-term exercise regimen.
- Be consistent. The best way to reach your goals is by staying committed to your program. You don’t need to be perfect, but try to find new ways to motivate yourself. Focus on the progress that you’ve made. It’s not always easy, but it will be worth it.
Start your new workout program today with the help of our physical therapists AZ programs at Foothills Sports Medicine Physical Therapy. Make an appointment today to begin your fitness journey!