With an open layout, our Tempe location offers an energetic and inviting vibe. From the moment you walk in, you’ll feel like you are part of the Foothills family. Carlos and his team of therapists provide the highest quality care and create individualized physical therapy programs to get you back to doing what you love. Conveniently located near the intersection of Kyrene Road and Elliot Road, our Tempe center specializes in the following services:
- Physical Therapy
- Pre/Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Acute Injury Management
- Chronic Injury Management
- Sports Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Rapid Recovery® Injury Assessment
- Workers’ Compensation
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Rapid Referral®
- Endurance Physical Therapy
- Spine Specialty
- Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN)
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- FAST® (Foothills Acceleration & Sports Training)
Don't see your insurance listed? Give us a call and we'll contact your insurance provider to check your benefits.
- All Workers Comp
- Alliance HealthCard
- American PPO
- Arizona Foundation For Medical Care
- Arizona Medical Network (AMN)
- Beech Street Corporation
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Plans
- Care1st/CareOne (AHCCCS)
- ChoiceCare Humana/EHI
- Cigna Medicare
- Comprehensive Medical And Dental Programs
- Evolutions Health Systems
- First Health (Coventry/CNN)
- Fortified Provider Network (FPN)
- Galaxy Health Network
- Global Medical Management
- Health Choice (AHCCCS)
- Health Management Network (HMN)
- Health Net Ambetter
- Health Net (AHCCCS)
- Health Net (HMO/PPO Plans)
- Health Net Plus
- Humana, Inc.
- Independent Medical Systems
- Integra Group
- Integrated Health Plan (IHP)
- Medicare Replacement Plans
- Mercy Care (AHCCCS)
- National Choicecare, Inc. (NCC PPO)
- National Preferred Provider Network
- Optum HealthAllies
- Phoenix Health Plan/Plans (AHCCCS)
- Premier Provider Network
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Provider Select, Inc.
- Rockport Healthcare Group, Inc.
- Rural Arizona Network (RAN)
- Secure Horizons
- Southwest Carpenters Trust
- The Reny Co.
- Three Rivers Provider Network (TRPN)
- TriCare West Region
- UHC Community Plan (AHCCCS)
- Union Pacific RR
- United Healthcare
Education Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University
Carlos has experience in orthopedics, post-operative rehabilitation, geriatrics, home health, outpatient neurology, aquatic therapy, and burn patients.
Education Bowdoin College, University of Delaware
She enjoys hanging out with her friends, reading, hiking, cooking, coaching softball and participating in Tae Kwon Do, in which she is a First Degree Black Belt.
Education San Diego State University, University of St. Augustine
She continually strives to refine her skills and has endeavors in further post-graduate studies including becoming a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist.
Education Claremont McKenna College
Elijah has his background in Movement System Impairments and is always sharpening his skills as a movement specialist.
“In November of 2014 I had major back surgery to insert a metal rod and attach my spine back together. My main crew at Foothills of Kacie, JJ, and Dillon provided a very competent and professional service to help me return to assuming a normal life style. I felt like I was in very good hands and could see results right away. I felt like they listened to me and always had answers and encouragement.
I would have to say that it wasn’t just the technical part of the recovery that was important but who they were as individuals and as human beings. They showed me that they cared for me as a person and my emotional needs as well. I would come back in the future to use their service if the need arises.”
“Following shoulder surgery the first part of February 2013, I began Physical Therapy at Foothills Sports Medicine on Kyrene Rd., Tempe (Formally Performance Physical Therapy), the second week of March, 2013. All therapy personnel, Carlos, Kacie, Crystal and Daniel have gone above and beyond to attend to my recovery. They have treated me like family and as if they are my personal trainers.
I have nothing but high regards for their professional demeanor during this extremely difficult time for me. They all have pushed me, and pushed me to the limit. It has all paid off! My Doctor advises that I am recovering at a faster rate than expected. All of that is due to the attention that I have had and continue to receive from everyone at the facility.
Thank you one and all!!”
To see even more patient reviews and testimonials, check us out on Yelp!